There is nothing quite as refreshing as a cold, sweet watermelon in the summer. And it takes a few easy steps to turn watermelons into an amazingly cooling, delicious and innocent drink/dessert. The recipe is below:
Author: Maya Sozer
Recipe type: Drink
Serves: 2 servings
- ½ small watermelon, sliced
- ⅓ cup watermelon juice or water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Put the watermelon slices, in a closed container, in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Combine the watermelon juice (or water) with the maple syrup and lime juice.
- Take the frozen watermelon slices out of the freezer, pour in the liquid mixture and mash the watermelons using a fork or ice picker until it is slushy. Serve immediately.