I love that we have an ever increasing availability of plant meat options. I took a vegan ground meat and favored it to make these delightful and satisfying koftes. Here is the recipe:
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt as needed
- 24 oz vegetarian ground meat
- avocado oil or another cooking oil for pan frying
Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the finely chopped onions and let it rest for 5 minutes. Give the onions a squeeze to remove excess liquid.
Put all the ingredient in a bowl and mix well. Let the mixture wait in the fridge overnight for improved flavor and texture.
Shape into patties and pan fry.