Coconut macaroons are one of my favorite cookies. Who knew you could just skip the eggs and make a deliciously healthy version with only 5 ingredients and next to no effort! A no compromise vegan, gluten-free cookie, I am hooked. Here is the recipe:
Vegan Coconut Macaroons
Author: Maya Sozer
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12-15 cookies
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 oz dark chocolate, melted (for dipping in!)
- In a food processor, add coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix them well.
- Add the coconut flakes and pulse a few times.
- Put the mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Shape the cookie dough with your hands and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool until it is at room temperature.
- Optionally, dip in dark chocolate.