I have been having a lot of fun with vegan caramel variations lately and it only made sense to apply that to granola. The result was predictably amazing! I love this straight up as a snack, or in parfaits, or as cereal with almond milk. The easy recipe is below:
#vegan #plantbased #granola #oats #caramel #glutenfree
- 2 cups rolled oats ( if you need use gluten free)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Set oven to 350F (175C). Mix the caramel sauce ingredients in a large bowl, add the oats and stir until the oats are coated uniformly with the caramel mix.
- Spread the mix on a large baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Give it a gentle stir without breaking up the clusters too much, and bake 5 to 7 more minutes but keep eye on it.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely.
- You can keep the granola in an air-tight container for two weeks.