Noodles + teriyaki : instant magic! We have been having a lot of fun playing around with homemade teriyaki sauce (see the Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks). And it is hard to escape the Asian inspiration once you are in that mood. Here is a very practical, quick Asian fix for those who get the cravings. Absolutely delicious.
- 9.5 oz 269g soba noodles
- 2 cups lettuce sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Oil for coating the pan (use your favorite high temperature oil: coconut, grapeseed, corn, canola...)
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic ~5 cloves
- 1 tablespoon+ lemon juice juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon corn starch
- black sesame for decoration optional
Cook noodles cook according to package instructions set aside.
Mix all the teriyaki sauce ingredients well
Coat a skillet with oil and warm up over medium-high
Pour in the teriyaki sauce, stir and cook until the sauce reduces, clarifies and starts to get a syrup-like consistency, around 3-4 minutes.
Add the cooked noodles, stir and cook 2-3 min together to warm up the noodles.
Transfer to a bowl(s) and add the veggies and decorate with sesame seeds (optional)