A hearty, filling, delicious breakfast option with a huge nutritional punch. I always loved the combination of quinoa and pine nuts. The subtle sweet flavor of the pine nuts perfectly complements the maple sweetened quinoa and the whole dish is brightened up with fresh fruits. The recipe is below.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups plant milk or you can use 1 cup coconut cream, 1 cup plant milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup add more if you like sweeter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- Fruits and coconut chips optional
Wash and drain quinoa
In a medium sauce pan, add the plant milk and quinoa. Stir and mix in the rest of the porridge ingredients.
Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat for 25- 30 minutes.
In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil and heat the oil.
Add pine nuts, stir and roast for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
Transfer the porridge into a serving bowl, top with the roasted pine nuts.
Optionally top with fresh fruits and coconut chips.