The heat of the summer is already upon us, at least over here, and I am all for a 10 min prep, no-cook, vegan, gluten-free, chocolaty, peanut buttery, playfully crunchy dessert treat snack 🙂 Seriously for a dessert, these are pretty healthy besides being incredibly delicious. Peanut butter and pistachios add a nice bit of protein and healthy fats. No other oil is added, and only a bit of maple syrup is used for sweetening. So go ahead and indulge. I love keeping these, and other variations, in the freezer for a quick fix when I need my sweet. They can be enjoyed right off the freezer or thawed a little. It’s great either way. The recipe is below:
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter chunky or smooth
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder I used dutch processed
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal I used gluten-free Nature’s Path
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios optional, but adds a nice texture
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios optional
In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond milk. Add the cocoa powder and mix well. Finally add the rice cereal and pistachios and combine all.
Line a small cake pan with parchment paper. I used a 5in by 7in (~13cm by 18cm) loaf pan. Pour the mixture in, add the topping and put it in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Serve frozen, or slightly thawed