These delicious little peanut butter chocolate granola bites are as easy and healthy as they come. Sweetened only with dates (when without the optional glaze), and rich in protein and fiber, not a twinge of guilt is involved in enjoying this treat. These will keep well in the freezer and be ready to quench that dessert crave whenever it hits.
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 7 medjool dates
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
Set oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake the oats for 15 minutes, stir and bake for another 5 minutes. Take out from the oven and let cool.
Put the all ingredients, including the oats, in a food processor and mix until you get a sticky dough. Shape into bite-sized balls and put in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before applying the optional glaze.
Mix the glaze ingredients in a bowl.
Dip the granola bites in the glaze before serving.