This is nacho-average cheese! Today we made a cashew based nacho cheese sauce, packed with nutrients from carrots, potatoes, and fresh squeezed lemon. The smoked paprika and nutritional yeast gives it that extra smoky, cheesy flavor, sure to please the most devout cheese lover. Perfect for game day or as a side for your taco Tuesday!
#vegan #plantbased #cheese
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cut
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup raw cashews soaked for at least one hour
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt more for taste
- Black pepper optional
Put the potatoes and carrots in a pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Drain the water and transfer the potatoes and carrots into a high speed blender.
Add the rest of the ingredients, process until smooth and serve warm.