I love carrots, love their vibrant color and the texture. But by themselves, they can be a little boring to be honest 🙂 That’s why I get excited when come across a simple way to transform them.
I have used Mina Harissa sauces extensively in the past and I was itching to try their newest additions to their product line, namely the tagine sauces. With Moroccan carrots in mind, this sounded like a perfect fit and it lived up to all the expectations.
The fish tagine sauce (vegan) is quite flavorful, you can definitely pick up the herb flavors alongside well balanced spices. So it delivers a mild heat, a bit of zestiness and lot of deliciousness. This worked so well to round out the sweetness of carrots and transform them into treats. This is going to be a favorite appetizer for me. The recipe is below:
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Mina fish tagine sauce
- Boil 3 cups of water in a medium pot.
- Add the salt and carrots and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the carrots under running cold water (or in an ice bath). This stops the cooking and helps preserve the color and texture of carrots.
- Toss the carrots with the tagine sauce and serve.