Homemade gluten-free, high-protein crackers that are as delicious as they are easy to make. This is snacking at it’s best. Keep some of these in your pantry and enjoy stand alone, with soups, dips or plant cheeses. Here is the recipe:
Garbanzo Bean Crackers
Author: Maya Sozer
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- ½ tea spoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- In a large bowl, mix the garbanzo bean flour, sea salt and baking powder.
- Add the olive oil and water and knead into a dough with your hand, about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin seeds and knead more to combine.
- Using a pin roller, roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until it is about ¼ inch (6mm) thick.
- Sprinkle the black sesame seeds and bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Once at room temperature, store in an airtight container. I will be good for 4 days.