It is too hot to cook. There is yet another heat wave going on right now and I, like many, am reluctant to cook. Luckily, cooking is optional in the plant world. Take this absolute treat of a salad for example.
It is mostly a fruit salad with some greenery and walnuts. A really refreshing, crisp, light weight but perfectly satisfying meal for the summer in my opinion. Added bonus, I also used purslanes but more on that in another post. For now, here is my recipe:
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 apple peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries stem removed and cut in half
- 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced
- 7 figs sliced in four pieces
whisk balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup.
put all ingredients in a big bowl toss with balsamic vinaigrette. serve immediately.