You know I love my spices as much as I love fresh, wholesome, nutritious food. Marrying the two to arrive at a deeply satisfying meal can sometimes require the kind of time you may not always have though. That’s when a little cheating is in order!
Ever since I discovered spicemode, my spice game found new heights. I mentioned them before, because having a consistent source of fresh and fragrant spices and expertly crafted spice blends can make a world of difference in the kitchen. Recently I starting trying their cooking sauces and my mind was blown. Highly recommended!
I used their madras cooking sauce for this dish and the result was extraordinary. Read more for the full recipe and a short recipe video 🙂
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion medium, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup green peas
- ½ medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 jar spicemode madras sauce (9 oz,255g)
- salt and peper to taste
- Bring the water to boil, add salt, the bay leaf and the rice.
- Cook until done but still firm, drain and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper, carrots, peas and cauliflowers.
- Stir and add freshly grated ginger
- Add the whole jar of spicemode madras sauce
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix. Serve with freshly chopped cilantro and lime