Sometimes I get to cheat and use a pre-made dough to go from zero to insanely delicious pastry in about 30 minutes 🙂 I have always been fond of the idea of baking tahini into desserts. I made these for my dear friend Angela (www.rawmamanature.com). Not only she waited for the photo shoot, but she modeled for it too <3 Checkout her amazing artwork here: www.angelazanolari.com
Oh and the recipe for the pastry roll is below:
- 16oz (227g) dough ( vegan crescent, pizza, puff pasty...)
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans (toasted and roughly chopped)
- Set the oven 350F
- In a bowl, mix the tahini, maple syrup and salt.
- Separate half of the mix to another bowl and mix in the cocoa to one of them.
- Roll the dough out into a thin sheet. Cut it into 3x3 inch (~8x8 cm) squares.
- Spread the tahini mix, and then the chocolate tahini mix over the dough squares. Top with pecans and roll into a cylinder.
- Place in a mini muffin mold and bake for 15 minutes at 350F.