This chickpea salad with hearts of palm is perfect for powering up on those days when you don’t really feel like cooking but still need something filling, nourishing and delicious! Packed with protein and fiber, this is a comfort food you can feel great about eating. It takes merely 15 minutes to make with no cooking involved. Though it is easy enough to make on a whim, the recipe will make enough for several hefty sandwiches to so that you can store it in the fridge for a quick take-away lunch option, for snacking on as a dip or using it as a topping for salads. The recipe is below:
- 1 can garbanzo beans 15 oz, 425 gr, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup hearts of palm
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- ¼ red onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers
- ½ cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- half lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper as needed
Put all ingredients in a food processor pulse a few times, until combined but leaving a coarse texture.
Transfer to container cover and keep in the fridge.