I don’t know why it took me this long to start experimenting with homemade vegan yoghurt but here I am after a few first batches and I am super excited. Made with raw cashews, and raw (unpasteurized), unfiltered apple cider vinegar, this creamy yoghurt turned out extraordinarily well for dipping fruits in or as even as a spread over toast. And it couldn’t be easier to make, the recipe is below.
- 2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a container with a lid, close the lid let it eat at room temperature for 4 hours.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with fruits.